- Critically evaluate the view that natural hazards appear to be occurring with increasing frequency
- To what extent can hazard prediction reduce the effects of hazards?
- Evaluate the future issues associated with living with natural hazards.
- Using a range of natural hazards comment on our future ability to predict and reduce their effects
- How effective is hazard prediction in reducing hazard impact?
- Comment on the assertion that the future of hazard management will rely on reducing their effects rather than their causes.
- Critically assess the statement that natural hazards are occurring more frequently.
- For a range of hazards outline prediction methods currently used and assess their effectiveness
- What are the issues surrounding the use of prediction as a "solution" for hazard management?
- To what extent can technology improve hazard prediction? Illustrate your answer with reference to at least three types of hazard.
- Discuss the view that it is not possible to prevent hazards but only to lessen their impacts.
- With reference to two contrasting types of hazards, examine the extent to which prediction can reduce the impacts.
- With reference to a range of prediction schemes evaluate their success.
As with your coursework reports, I shall keep adding relevant information to this post to support your independent research. Keep checking it for updates!