Don't forget that the DME PowerPoint was posted on here a little while ago if you need it. Think sustainable or unsustainable!!!
When discussing the effectiveness of hazard management, remember that their success depends on a number of factors...
- Type of hazard - eg hurricane, earthquake, tsunami, flooding, tornado
- Frequency - how often the hazard happens
- Magnitude - the size of the hazard event
- Spatial/areal reliability - how reliable the management is over a particular space and area
- Speed of Onset - how quickly the hazard starts e.g. earthquakes have a quick speed of onset whereas volcanic eruptions are slower
- Technology available
- Education - is the population aware of what to do in the event of a hazard?
- Preparedness - is the region and its population prepared for the event?
- Economic resources - MEDC? LEDC?
- History - have they learnt any lessons from previous events?
If you need to ask any questions about either exams, add them to the comments at the end of this post and I'll answer them!!!