If England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland were condensed to a single community of 100 people, what would that community look like?The Daily Mail has trawled acres of spreadsheets and data-sets published by government and other statistical authorities to produce a snapshot of Britain in the 21st century. Here are just a few statistics:
- EACH person would generate 495kg of waste every year. The village would generate 163kg of waste every day, of which just 47kg would be put out for recycling.
- THE villagers would have 118 mobile phones among them (66 of which would be pay-as-you-go).
- TWENTY-ONE villagers would have watched Andy Murray beat Stanislas Wawrinka at Wimbledon this year; 32 people would have watched Susan Boyle lose Britain's Got Talent.
- THIRTY people would have a Facebook account.
- THERE would be a total of 74 voters, but only 26 of them would have gone to the polls at this year's European elections.